Poll #1663353 2010-2011
Open to: All, detailed results viewable to: All, participants: 5
What made you happiest in 2010?
|hobbies/sports/movies music books etc/other "personal" stuff|
what made you saddest in 2010?
|hobbies/sports/movies music books etc/other "personal" stuff|
what are you mostly looking forward to in 2011?
if you were to keep only one thing from 2010, what would that be and why?
what was there in 2010 that you wish will NOT be in 2011?
how do you feel with regards to the new year that's just begun?
|i like trains|
|HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!111one|
On the other hand, this very contract is, by definition, based on "true love", regardless of the fact that it actually exist: if two people get married, they must necessarily believe in "true love" (of course, this is what would ideally happen).
So now what does "cheating" mean? Can the occasional kiss with a stranger met at a party while you were half-drunk (and stuff like that) count as an actual cheating job? Or is that just some stupid physiological reaction your dazed brain could not take care of just then? I think that actual cheating is about betraying your partner's trust in your love. So, you can cheat on hir even if you don't actually physically do anything: even just to think that you'd like to have sex with someone else (I'm obviously not talking about the occasional thing, I mean like continuous fantasies about one or more persons in particular) means cheating, if they (your partner) would never think it possible for you to do such a thing. If they believed in your "true love" in their regards.
So yeah, cheating is about betraying one's trust, I think. Even the occasional kiss mentioned above can be actual cheating, if done in the "right" mindset. I've always failed to understand how someone can keep being into a relationship with a person they cheat upon (in "my" sense of cheating). I mean, if you get to the point of downright lying to the person you're supposed to truly love, isn't that supposed to be like, proof of the fact that you don't, in fact, truly love them anymore? So, you know, even if you can't break the marriage for some reason - why not tell them? Why keep lying? It comes back to the thing about marriage being but a rational agreement stipulated just to reach some level of stability, then it makes sense.
As for the man - woman thing, I don't really believe in that stuff. Both men and women cheat for various reasons, in the end it all comes down to the same stuff. And yeah, if someone thinks they'd really love to cheat on their partner with some person or the other, I think it's obvious that they'd do it just as happily if they knew they'd never get caught (unless of course they did it to gain their partner's attention, but then that wouldn't even be actual cheating): the very thought of it is the cheating itself, what one does is but a consequence of that.
- Current Location:pisa, home
- Current Music:Weak And Powerless - A Perfect Circle (had been ages XD <3)
Ok, where to start... Random list! :D
(1) I've almost finished reading The Dark Tower books, just started the seventh (and last *despairs*). I plan on finishing it before I turn 20, of course. I managed to not finish it before this year, so it all stays in the nineteen. It's indescribable, to have been a Stephen King fan for so long (I read my first King book when I was 11 or 12 at most and have been hooked ever since, I've read LOADS of his works) and to be reading DT now. I'm totally happy I've never wanted to read it before. Everything just makes sense, whereas any "casual" (as opposed to "constant", I guess <3) reader would be missing just so much. And it's so weird and mindboggling that I've decided to "aw alright, let's do it" exactly as I was turning 19. Like, 10% of what I am and the way I think, I probably owe to Stephen King! I love him so much.
(2) I'm probably living the happiest period of my life. Well, admittedly, not just right now, since most of my friends are currently away for summer holidays. But the past, say, 4 months have been so perfect to seem almost impossible to be true. Yet it's not entirely so, since it's not like I've done tops at uni, or fixed all that there was to fix with people, so in fact they've been just quite imperfect enough to be real. Awh dammit, I'm not making sense, as usual. Also, all this maths is bad for my grammar (which is in many ways absurd).
I just want to say that... I Love my friends. I'd probably still be drinking my liver away in my "self-indulgent pitiful hole", were it not for them. I'm pretty sure they have no idea how much good they've been to me, either. It's like a dream coming true, to live by myself in a small little university town, biking around with good music in my ears and surrounded by people I like and love and who like and respect (and perhaps love a little bit, too) me for what I am. Sometimes I have to somehow express all my love, so I start jumping around singing or something XD. It's like being in Dublin all the time, it's heaven! Too bad there's summer. But then, it's just a month and a while :).
I don't even feel the whole urging NEED to get AWAY (as in, abroad) as soon as possible. I mean, I do alright. I sure as hell want to get on a plane - ANY plane - and just LEAVE, to wherever it'll take me. But that does mean money. And it does mean study-time. I don't have a job of my own, and am way behind in my exams in uni (admittedly, mine is a totally average physics-in-Pisa student situation, but that doesn't really make it any better, if not psychologically speaking). So, I guess, unless my brother and I find some reeeally cool volunteering thingy to take part in (like, 2 weeks max!!), it'll be Rome or "nothing" (the "s are due to the fact that, after all, I'll still be in Pisa and not, god forbid, LS). Also... sometimes just being here is like being abroad, in most senses. I have everything I need ^_^.
All this turned out way too long for comfort.
(3) TMC people, have loads of fun in Toronto, I so wish I could be there!!! :D *sends tons of hugs and love*
(4)I have shamefully developed a facebook addiction. Do you have a facebook account, o flist friends? Poll #1434906 facebook
Open to: Friends, detailed results viewable to: Friends, participants: 4
Do you have a facebook account?
- Current Location:Pisa, home
- Current Music:Liquefy, The Servant
- Current Music:here comes the sun (in my head, from that commercial)
That said, I hate my life (boo-emo-hoo). I don't have a purpose or a goal. I've forgotten the last time I really looked forward to something big - like i dunno turning 18, writing a book, those sorts of stuff. Now I've done most of the things I used to look forward to, and as for the rest, I just know they will never happen, and have let them slip out of my mental hope-file. Which is now empty.
Everything I do stresses me out and depresses me.
I only find refuge in books.
I hope it's just pms, but then of course I don't really care.
- Current Location:my bed
- Current Mood: crappy
I signed up for a basic maths test in Pisa, which, if passed successfully, can grant me access to any italian university course in physics (which is what I'm interested in). But I won't pass it, so that's not really an issue. It's on the 10th of September, I still have to ... freshen up? brush up? *fails at english* ... well, to re-study all the maths I've been doing in the past 5 school years. I'm leaving tomorrow and won't be back till the first days of September (I don't know the exact day yet), so that leaves me like a week to do everything! I really think I should take some maths books with me. I'll go in the basement to look for my old copybooks then. I do think I'll have the time to even just read something, it's not like we'll be going to the disco every night XD.
I'll bring my mac with me, but I don't think I'll have a wireless connection everywhere I'll be, so in case I won't be around for some time, bye-bye flist, I'll miss you! ♥
- Current Location:sitting on my bed
- Current Mood: depressed